Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I mean, REALLY!!



Talk about a blast. We have had a houseful of company and it all began last Thursday night. The only children of ours we haven't seen in the past week are Kimberly and Austin. We had 29 of our family members here plus 10 of the Scussels and 4 of the Pinkoms (Friends of Troy and Heidi's) and Heidi's sister Lisa's family of 4.


It has been a busy and exciting time. Part of the excitement came when I opened the fridge we have in the garage to retrieve the two beautiful fresh strawberry pies I had made. At first I thought that someone had wanted a piece ahead of schedule. Which, to be honest, I couldn't blame them because they were gorgeous and would have tempted anyone. Then I looked a little closer and realized that most of the first pie had been eaten. . . .then I thought, hmmm, "I think they must have eaten all of the fancy scalloped crust". Looking back on this little conversation I was having with myself, I'm pretty sure I was in denial. Upon further scrutiny there was NO crust anywhere in either pie tin but there were black dog hairs among the strawberrys. I was amazed that 1) the dog could get into the fridge 2) he could totally slick up all the crust and leave a good portion of the strawberrys unscathed, except probably for a good coating in dog slobber, which sort of resembled the glaze I had put on them. I mean REALLY!


Our dinner on Saturday night included the Scussel Family and we were able to get a photo op, mainly to let Tracy Scussel (Mother and Grandmother to many present) see what a blast she missed out on. Our yard has been blessed with business. Only one hairline fracture, that I know of. We loved it not the fracture, but the yard that holds the kids that play so hard sometimes one of them gets a hairline fracture. We have more to report but I will get to it later. I mean, REALLY, you can only handle so much fun in one post, right?


3 comments:

Becky Montoya Wright said...

Posted by joslin hannah and millie
we was really looking forward to having a piece of that gorgeous strawbaey pie! we were very upset to find we would no longer get a piece. so we thought of a way to solve our problemb by buying more strawberrys that werent covered in dog slober and trying to convince grandma to make some more strawberry pies. sadly grandma was to worn out to make any more. and that was ok because even at that we were still able to enjoy cake with strawberrys and ice cream. and that was really good too! thank you grandma!

The Gwynns said...

oh, looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Those granddaughters are very sweet!! Love you all and am sad we missed it but hopefully we will be able to come down soon. :)

Unknown said...

It really was so fun...thankyou for having us, and Beau wears his cast like it is a badge of honor, silly boy thing I think!!! Thanks again