Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Love My Family!!

What began as week in Mexico turned into a family trip to SLC for the funeral of Leigh's brother Lloyd. It was totally unexpected and caught us all off guard. Bryce had work commitments that he was not able to get out of so he couldn't come, BUT we did leave space for him under the hat in the family picture we took at the cemetery.
We have done quite a bit of reflecting on the importance our immediate family holds in our hearts and also our place in the extended family. We know that our desire to be united eternally is not a guarantee that those ties will be in effect. We each have the responsibility to do what we know to be right to our best ability.
Leigh and I thank our family for their support of us and each other in those events that take place in our lives. We love them, we have been blessed by them, we hope they will be ours forever.

3 comments:

Tracy Scussel said...

Leigh and Joyce: So sorry to hear of Leigh's brother....suprises like that are never welcome, but aren't we blessed with the gospel? Congrats on 40 years! Jeff and I are three away! By the way....go for the RED door! Life is too short, enjoy! Tracy

Adam and Dani said...

My mom mentioned that you guys were going to Rocky Point and Adam and I were wondering if you had any suggestions as to where to stay. Thanks!

Heather said...

Sister Cox...it's been so long, words fail me. I found your blog through Becky's new blogspot. You all look so wonderful - when I picture your family - I still see us all as little kids (me eating all your bread after school!!!) The years have been good to you - I'd love to hear from you - I have a blog of my own - it's richandheathertusko.blogspot.com - on there, you'll see a link to my mom's blog - she just recently started this blog journey, so there's not much - but I'm sure she would love to hear from you also!!!
Much love-
Heather (Henderson)
p.s. my mom just got back from Taos and got to visit with the Garcia's and the Lieurance's.