Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day AND 40th Anniversary!!!




A beautiful Sabbath Day. Temperatures here in the mid to high 70's. That is about perfect, if you ask me. We had a Celebration Brunch with the Montoya Family. I even used real plates!! Anyone who eats here often, knows that typically paper and I are buddies. I decided that 40 years called for a little class so we did it up right, plus our table fit everyone, which usually is NOT the case. I mean, with 32 family members our 8-place table doesn't work too often.
Joslin took a picture of the 40th Anniversary SMACK. We are headed down to Rocky Point next weekend for a weeks' stay down there. We are very much looking forward to the trip.
I often reflect on our 40 years together. I had no idea of what a blessing my children, grandchildren, in-laws and husband would be to me all those years ago. I walked into marriage with a great leap of faith; I did. I felt the Lord would direct me on a daily basis as we navigated our way through the years. I give the Lord credit for those successes I have experienced in my life.
End of sermon!!





5 comments:

Justin said...

40 years!!! man i am getting old if you guys have been married that long. that was a very nice post. i think all of our wives took huge leaps of faith when they agreed to marry any of us men. don't worry about your door color, i might just have stacy paint it if we come up next week.

The Gwynns said...

I just have to say that I am so thankful for having wonderful parents that have shown us how valuable marriage is and how important it is to work through trials. I love you guys!!

Skousen Seven said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are too young to have been married 40 years! Have an awesome time in Rocky Point.

Donna/Mom said...

Happy Anniversay! 40 years, wow!
You both are so cute together.

Mother's day was a wonderful day, the weather was perfect.

See you soon

Donna/Mom said...

Since I cannot post my vote on the door on the other post I am posting it here. I vote red, but you already know that.