Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who wants to be my BFF?



Katie, Kimberly and I had a whirlwind trip to Chicago this past weekend. I had a blast. One of the things we did to make us laugh was look at every stranger we met as our new BFF. We journaled our happenstance meeting with them. Cracked me up.
I think we wound up with 20 new BFFs. It made it a little easier talking to people, knowing that we could then add them to our book.

Above you see Penny, who I believe is from Valparaiso, IN. She is a single mother of two teenagers, a boy and a girl. They are her niece and nephew that she adopted when they were 5 and 7 (or something like that!!). What a dedicated mother she is. We had a great visit while riding on the South Shore Line which travels in to Chicago from Indiana. (We actually had a motel in Indiana. . .40 minutes south east of Chicago . . .a great bargain of a room). We had nearly 40 minutes to visit and I REALLY liked her; I think if I lived near her, we truly could have been BFF!! ((Penny, if you read this, I mean it!! Pinky Promise.))


Here we are sitting atop the Grey Line Double Decker Bus. . .We took an abbreviated tour which should have lasted 2 hours but wound up being about 1/2 hour. . . We stopped to ride up to the top of the Sears Tower and when we got back down . . the Tour Bus was gone with no others scheduled to come to that location!!! The girls tried chasing one down with me huffing and puffing, but to no avail. In spite of this, we totally loved our experience on foot in downtown Chicago.
Tomorrow we leave for Kimberly's BYU Graduation!! Now, THAT makes me feel . . . . .proud, happy and a little old.

7 comments:

Tommy and Jill said...

I love that city. When I live there someday you will have to come and visit again - and just take your time to enjoy all the marvels of that city. We can even go and see Oprah.

ddd said...

That sounds like a wonderful trip, especially the part about treating strangers as BFF's. Great stuff.

AuBreY LyNn said...

How fun! i am glad you all got to go! :) That looked so fun!

Team Seguritan said...

oh, I love ChicagO, with my mommyO and my sisterO. I think we should always goO. That was to be sung, by the way, with whatever song is in your heart. :) preferably a Chicago song
KT

Tracy said...

I love hearing about the wonderful, zany, incredible!! things you do. You continue to be an inspiration!

DeEdra said...

Glad you dropped by. If I can blog anyone can blog!!!! Oh now, three people have seen my blog. Now the pressure is really on. Guess I better update it!

Alisa said...

You can comment on my blog anytime! I love getting unexpected comments! Yes, Joey and Justin are definatly two peas...it's strange how Tia and I married boys so much alike!

Thanks for letting us always crash at your house when we're up there painting. We really appreciate it!