Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fifty What!!



This is my husband in action. We played a few little games following lunch today and I caught him going to some length to "get-that-ball". I showed it to Eric and suggested we make a poster out of it for hisPT office. Then when Leigh goes in for an adjustment, Eric could use it as a visual of things to avoid, if you don't want your knees and back to hurt. Actually, Leigh loves seeing the yard being used by the children and grand children and he loves to help them improve their skills. He couldn't be happier than when out in the yard with the kids.



I know, it just doesn't seem right that time marches on, but it does. It was a crazy week so we got together this afternoon for a birthday dinner/cake/icecream. I had lots of help blowing the candles out, which proved to be pretty funny because they were the non-extinguishable kind and they kept flaring up again. I got more than a little "raspberry" splatter from those cute little boys. We did not actually have the candles on the cake (but sliced bread), which was a good thing, as there was too much spit flying trying to keep them blown out. The cake, which Joslin baked was hot from the oven and we didn't want to risk the candles melting all over it.


We enjoyed a nice Stake Conference this morning and enjoyed the speakers very much. We received a challenge to involve ourselves in service to the community more often, with no expectations. I see that as good advice.







7 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday... and that picture... I almost didn't recognize Lauren and Sariah... holy cow they are growing up SO fast. I guess my little guy is too, but I see him everyday so it doesn't seem like it =)

Justin said...

i am impressed with the old man. i hope i can move like that next week. i like to take things a bit slower now a days.

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! I hope I look as good as you when I get to be "Fifty What"!!

Adam and Dani said...

Hello Leigh and Joyce! I found you through Sandi and added you to my page. Hope all is well in your little part of Arizona! Hello to Becky and her family as well!

The Gwynns said...

Wow dad, you are amazing! It brings back memories seeing you out in the yard playing catch... good ole times!

Mom, looks like you had the candle spittin out troop! I agree with anna, I can't believe how big Eric and Caroline's kids are getting! Holy Camolee!!

Skousen Seven said...

I am such a slacker!!??!!! Hope your birthday was great. The pictures look like it was a fun day. Leigh, you still got it!!!

AuBreY LyNn said...

I must say that I just love you and your husband. You two are such great examples of what a married coupld should be!
Thanks for that! And wow, did not know Bro. Cox could do those things! ;)