Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally Retired







Since moving here Leigh has been collecting change in a five-gallon water bottle with the oft repeated phrase, "When it gets full, THEN I can retire." So, although he hasn't been at the hospital for a few years, he recently achieved "retirement" by the filling of the water bottle with coins. It got to be a little annoying, waiting for it to get full because he would always whine if I ever paid for anything with coins. . . .he would insist that I give them currency and obediently put my change in HIS bottle. Not a great plan because I sort of like my own stash of quarters. . .anyway. . .last month it got full and he began the BIG sort. Sammy was right there helping. I even got into the act by trying to find the 50-Quarter state set thingy. If any of you have quarters from Hawaii OR Alaska. . . .we only found 1 Alaska and 0 from Hawaii!! (We were trying to get 8 sets in all).




5 comments:

Francie said...

you must tell us what it added up too...give us all alittle incentive to start our own retirement fund!

Stacy said...

Ive got 4 Alaskas and 2 Hawaiis! I'll bring them up this weekend.

Adam and Dani said...

Love it! I have never been able to get one of those full. I always snag the change from it...

Me, Myself, and I said...

Which Alaska's and Hawaii's do you need? Delaware or Philly? My grandpa gave me 5 of each. I'll be willing to share. :)

Heather said...

So you are aware that they make little machines that will sort those coins for you right? =) What a job! I bet those were some clean hands when they were done! By the way, that's how we fund part of our summer vacation every year, we keep a coin jar from the last day of vacation, then turn it all in just before our next one, nice to have a little mad money!