Monday, January 12, 2009

Post gift chuckles. ... . .

I already shared with you Sammy's confiding in me about future Christmas present desires. . . .Probably won't influence me much as there is quite a lot of comfort in knowing EXACTLY what the grandkids will be getting. Not such a bad thing for me to deal with. For our own children this year I tole painted quilting frame stands. Okay, I admit this is not a "hot' item on most people's want list but personally I have come upon situations when I really needed a set. . . . .so. . . . in case any of them are up against that "need" in the future. . . . . waa laa. . . .they are set.

+ + + + + + + + + a few interesting conversations are listed below+ + + + + + + + +

Thomas: (the Sunday following Christmas) Mother, I forgot to thank you for the quilt stands.

Becky: Oh, my gosh, he can't keep his hands off of them. . . .he's finished 3 quilts already this week.

+ + + + + + + + +

Donovan: (To Katie as he is looking in the back of their new truck, after receiving the "gift") Hey, Katie, what's with the fence?

+ + + + + + + + +

Bryce: Mom? Remember last year when you bought me ammo for my guns for Christmas. . . . .and then this year you got us those quilt stands? Well . . . . . . . . . .I just really like stuff for my guns.

+ + + + + + + + +

Love you guys. . . I will try to think of gifts next year from your perspective. . . K?

5 comments:

Becky Montoya Wright said...

You know I really did love them, because PRACTICAL is the only way I think--and you can't get more practical than quilting stands... unless you just gave us a blanket or something. I love that you and dad built them and now that I have some space will actually set those babies up (maybe give you a blanket). Thanks for your thoughtful gift--REALLY!!

Team Seguritan said...

Yeah, I totally thought Donovan knew what we were getting for Christmas so his comment was a unexpected and hilarious. And I also LOVE them. I can't wait to use them.
I just read your past few posts. I showed Israel the young picture of you and asked what he thought. He said, "that's not your mom, she has vanilla skin and your mom has Caramel." Thinking he was confused with Marvel I showed him the "older" picture of you and said, "This lady, MY mom has caramel skin?" To which he said YES!. So there you have it, you are not vanilla, but caramel.

The Gwynns said...

So now I understand why we did not receive the exact same present as everyone else since it is probably expensive and perhaps difficult to mail 2X4's and wooden stands! Anyways, I love the comments and am sure everyone will get some sort of use out their gift... Bryce could even use it for target practice(if he really wanted something to go along with the whole gun idea but I doubt Anna would let him since she will probably use it).

DeEdra said...

Well, I don't know if you know it but you guys are funny! Loved the whole quilt stand conversation and replies. Dick and I had a good chuckle. Sounds like Bryce suffered quite a bit this Christmas - sorry. There's always next year. Maybe you'll get something more fun like the paints used on the quilt stands.

Florene or Lori said...

Nice idea, Joyce! It made me want to be a part of your family! I can't imagine a more "loving" gift! You know what I gave my kids? Five chapters in my life's story. I write that much each year, and that is always their Christmas gift. I think I like yours better!