Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our dreams came true! A WHITE Christmas!




Our niece, Sarah, visited us from Provo over the weekend. Monday night we got a good-sized storm through the area and Sarah's anticipated 6:00 A.M. departure time on Tuesday morning was pushed back until 9:00 A.M. We managed to get her stuck, the Subaru stuck. . . . .the Dodge Ram Dakota stuck. Thanks to Andrew and Tommy helping we also managed to get them all UNstuck. NOTE: She traveled safely to Provo only encountering snow when she reached University Street in Provo!!
We celebrated Eric's 37th birthday on Monday night. The grandchildren helped with the Nativity reenactment. Pretty chaotic with so many little ones but hopefully they will remember the story and remember paying honor to the birth of the Savior as a family.
Some of the children and grandchildren went Christmas Caroling with us following the dinner. It was a blustery snowy walk but we were able to sing for a family whose mother had unexpectedly passed away 1 1/2 weeks ago. What sweet feeling to try to bring a bit of the tender spirit of Christmas to a family who are so obviously grieving over their loss.

5 comments:

SAC said...

MY favorite part of the morning was when, approximately five minutes after you had gotten up, you pulled out the camera to take those pictures.

I thought to myself: what kind of woman happens to have a digital camera in her pocket five minutes after she has woken up? And I thought: one who is prepared at all times to record such singular situations for posterity. I need to be more like this.

You didn't mention that you sent your cell phone (half of the telephone communication equipment for your household) with me on my trip, because mine was out of calling area and you wanted me to be safe. Or that you sent your boots with me just in case I encountered still more unexpected snow. Or that you stayed up late into the night, the night before I left, working to finish the skirt I started but didn't have time to finish.

Leigh got up at six and worked continuously until I left to get me out of that darn driveway, so that I could take advantage of the predicted good weather along my route by leaving that day instead of later.

I had a great little vacation, largely because of the graciousness of my hosts. I truly felt the Christmas spirit. Plus, I got a white Christmas here, too! It doesn't get much better than that.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!!

Becky Montoya Wright said...

Andrew said it would have been easier to lift Sarah's car and carry it out of the driveway--good times on Cox Hill:) It was great to see Sarah. Also loved the Nativity. You and dad made the perfect Mary and Joseph (I'll post pictures). Thanks for hosting the carrolling party.

Donna/Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I am just sitting her laughing out loud about all the people getting stuck in your driveway. The pictures help with a visual.
still laughing.

donna

Donna/Mom said...

Sarah and Becky you both have such a wonderful way with words. I am still laughing.

donna